Short BiographyI have been in a teacher/researcher temporary position at the LAMPS Laboratory, University of Perpignan, France since September 2016.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Perpignan in December 2016, on Improving the Numerical Accuracy of Floating-Point Programs with Automatic Code Transformation Methods under the supervision of Matthieu Martel and Alexandre Chapoutot. I developped Salsa, a tool that improves the numerical accuracy of programs based on floating-point arithmetic. Salsa relies on static analysis by abstract interpretation to compute variable ranges and round-off error bounds.
I received my Master's degree in Computer Science at the University of Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III, France, in 2013. I received my Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in Computer Science at the University of Mouloud Mammeri of Tizi-Ouzou, Algeria, in 2009 and 2011, respectively.
You can find here my full CV, and here the list of my publications in DBLP.
- N. Damouche and M. Martel. Mixed Precision Tuning with Salsa (Accepted).
- F. Benmouhoub, N. Damouche and M. Martel. Improving the Numerical Accuracy of High Performance Computing Programs by Process Specialization, Trusted Numerical Computations, TNC (Accepted).
- N. Damouche and M. Martel. On the Impact of Numerical Accuracy Optimization on General Performances of Programs, 5th IEEE International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (Accepted).
- N. Damouche, M. Martel. Salsa: An automatic tool improve the accuracy of programs, 6th International Workshop on Automated Formal Methods, AFM. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Numerical Accuracy Improvement by Interprocedural Program Transformation, 20th International Workshop on Software and Compilers for Embedded Systems, SCOPES. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Numerical Program Optimization by Automatic Improvement of the Accuracy of Computations, International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics, (Control, Decision and Information Technologies, CODIT'16-special issue). (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Improving the numerical accuracy of programs by automatic transformation, International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer. Springer. DOI: 10.1007/s10009-016-0435-0. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel, P. PANCHEKHA, Ch. QIU, A. SANCHEZ-STERN and Z. TATLOCK. Toward a Standard Benchmark Format and Suite for Floating-Point Analysis, 9th$ International Workshop on Numerical Software Verification. Vol 10152 for LNCS, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-54292-8 6. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Amélioration à la Compilation de la Précision de Programmes Numériques, Actes des Journées nationales du Groupement de Recherche Génie de la Programmation et du Logiciel. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Data-Types Optimization for Floating-Point Formats by Program Transformation, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies. IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/CoDIT.2016.7593626. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Numerically Accurate Code Generation, Poster paper, 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization. ACM New York. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Impact of Accuracy Optimization on the Convergence of Numerical Iterative Methods, 25th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation. Vol 9527 of LNCS. Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-27436-2. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Intra-Procedural Optimization of the Numerical Accuracy of Programs, 20th International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems. Vol 9128 of LNCS. Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-19458-5. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Optimizing the Accuracy of a Rocket Trajectory Simulation by Program Transformation, 12th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers. ACM. DOI: 10.1145/2742854.2742894. (PDF)
- N. Damouche, M. Martel and A. Chapoutot. Transformation of a PID Controller for Numerical Accuracy, 7th International Workshop on Numerical Software Verification. Vol 317 of ENTCS. DOI: 10.1016/j.entcs.2015.10.006. (PDF)
Some Events 2018
- HSCC (Hybrid Systems Computation and Control): Repeatability Evaluation Committee
- NSV (Numerical Software Verification): PC-Chair
- CoDIT (Control, Decision and Information Technologies): PC-member
- TNC (Trusted Numerical Computations): Organizer with M. Martel and J. Alexandre-Dit-Sandretto
- MetaLibm Workshop: Symbolic-numerical methods for code generation and transformation. Paris, France. 2018.
- Dagstuhl Seminar 17352: Analysis and Synthesis of Floating-point Programs. Wadern, Allemagne. 2017.
- Douxième rencontre de la communauté française de compilation, Lyon, France. 2017.
- École de vérification sur les systèmes embarqués, Tlemcen, Algérie. 2017.
TeachingI have been teaching several courses during my PhD and ATER (Teacher/Researcher temporary position) at the University and the University Institute of Technology of Perpignan, ranging from algorithmic to programming (C/C ++, Parallel) through networks, software engineering, Oracle, operating systems, databases, logic, embedded systems and statistics.
ContactUniversity of Perpignan Via Domitia
Building B - 2nd floor,
52 avenue Paul Alduy
66860 Perpignan, France