TNC 2018 is a minisymposium on Trusted Numerical Computations.
TNC 2018 will be collocated with the international conference on Emerging Trends in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (ETAMM 2018).
The minisymposium TNC2018 will be held from June 19 to June 20, 2018 in the Jagiellonian University in Krakow which is the oldest university in Poland.
The minisymposium will consist of invited plenary talks and contributed papers on recent results and future challenges in the field.
The accepted papers will be published in the easychair proceedings.
Paper submission April 30, 2018
Author notification May 15, 2018
Final version June 1, 2018
Topics include but are not limited to:
We are looking forward to seeing you in Krakow in June 2018
- Computer-aided verification of numerical computations
- Correct-by-construction numerical methods
- Approximations in numerical simulations
- Optimisation of numerical algorithms
- Numerical accuracy in simulations for biology, physics, economy, etc.
- Specifications of correctness for numerical programs
- Verification and optimization of numerical programs
- Computations of numerical properties (interval methods, automatic differentiation, etc.)
- Formal methods for numerical codes (abstract interpretation, formal proofs, model checking, etc.)
The quality of numerical computations or the results of simulations may be impacted with method and round-off errors.
In addition, numerical quality impacts the execution time, reproducibility and general performances, especially when dealing with
sensitive functions such as the ones that we can find in applied mathematics and mechanics, when considering problems in physics, engineering sciences, biology, economy, etc.
The design, verification and optimization of numerical software becomes a strong challenge to guarantee the soundness and the efficiency of computations.
To cope with numerical issues, to know how to measure and minimize errors or to imagine other ways to better refine meshes, the formal verification of numerical simulations is mandatory.
The TNC minisymposium intends to be a step toward this design, verification and optimization and, more generally, toward the definition of trusted numerical computations.